So I was done. I didn’t know what my four readers wanted next. I think they were relieved it was over. Plus I haven’t done that much sports observing of late. Too busy trying to take the family portrait and moving to another City.
But my Brother took a break from his musical styling’s and had some other thoughts – although I’m sure I mentioned U/7’s somewhere….but his line on Politicians (please note I haven’t changed a lot of what or how he wrote it ‘pollies’) and thinking of John Howard bowling in Pakistan – you need to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8by05rtMY had me chuckling for ages.
And for the record my Sibling does have a hat trick to his name and I have no hole in ones. So here’s his list of 10:
· Sporting exile possible additions...
· 51. Name pronunciations Renouf, Schifilliti, Rischitilli, Ink Aleaga
· 52. Underdogs punching above their weight and getting smashed …Eric the eel, that karate guy who just can’t smash the board but still making you feel good
· 53. Celebs (pollies) having a crack at sport (but probably shouldn’t) …making you feel better about your skill set (John Howard......Clive palmer) schaundenfreud... I think that is taking pleasure in another’s misfortune
· 54. Mouth guards...fitting and that mouth wash mint taste of goodness
· 55. Billeting with a family who has better stuff than you …..I once had a porches owning family that lived in Manly
· 56. The miracle...being in the right spot at the right time...reflex catch, bounce of the ball, hat-trick, hole in one
· 57. War wound stories...taking pride in who had the worst injury
· 58. Under 7's anything...it's just a bunch of kids running around, spinning on the spot not giving a damn as they're "playing" "sport"
· 59. The re-enactment...whatever happened retell it with feeling and embellish...ever so slightly
· 60. Not getting picked last… It must have happened to some people getting picked last...it’s a little bit based on popularity but a lot based on ability. My weight always limited my athletic appeal in PE and lunch time sports where an adult is not in charge of selection, however my co-ordination and ability to relay tactical messages to the opposition were often taken into consideration when adding me to a playground/PE based roster. As a fat kid not being picked last = win!
Always happy to hear more stuff anyone loves about sport – so if you’re bored on the mining site – then muse away.
I’m going tenpin bowling tonight with strobe lighting. Will find out if that should be added to the list….surely strobe lighting, beer and heavy balls will be a winning combination?